Tuesday, June 15, 2004

From That Guy Named David:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (B)
In June of 2001, in afternoons after enduring BarBri while studying for the Bar, I decided to set aside the bar materials and read the four Harry Potter books that were out at that time. Out of the four, I thought the Prisoner of Azkaban was one of the best. However, I just was not overly impressed with its adaption onto the big screen. Maybe I'm just a bit freaked out because the (supposed) 12-year old Harry looks like a high school senior to me. And the rest of the "kids" are all getting too big to believe that they are school children. That being said, I think my main problem with this movie was expectations. I had read review after review lauding this movie as something really good and was expecting an impressive movie. Instead, I saw nothing too different than the first two Harry Potters; however, as was pointed out to me after the movie, "what the hell were you expecting? For Christ's sake, it's Harry Potter."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter